View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 02:51 PM

As much as it sucks, it is a possible option at least, and maybe it could pay off, if the OIC is defeated or repealed down the road;

From Mike Loberg, CCFR counsel;

Re: Leaving Canada if You Own OIC Prohibs
The Liberal government’s Order in Council and Amnesty Order created hundreds of thousands of newly-prohibited guns. They also said they would offer compensation for those guns at some time in the future, but to date they have not done that (liars) and owners of those guns are stuck with so-called “safe queens”.
Here’s a further and very serious problem: if you own any of the firearms newly-prohibited under the OIC and you wish to emigrate from Canada, you’ve got only 2 choices:
1. Export the guns if you could (and usually you can’t); or
2. Turn them in to the government for destruction now, without any compensation at all.
These options are simply not acceptable for people who cannot wait for a "buyback" because they need to or want to leave Canada now.
To find a solution I spoke with a number of people, including James Cox at The Shooting Edge, and Mr Cox has agreed to help us out. Here's how:
1. The Shooting Edge has a Prohibited Firearms Business licence and is authorized to acquire and possess any of these prohibited firearms.
2. If you want, The Shooting Edge will take a transfer of the gun, and know up front that it will be a genuine one-way only transfer to the business, and they will keep the gun until either they buyback is finalized or this abomination of a law is reversed.
3. If the law is reversed, and only if the law is reversed, The Shooting Edge will either transfer the gun back to you and charge a storage and handling fee, or sell the gun as a consignment firearm (your call).
4. If this turns into a “compensation program” situation, The Shooting Edge will hold the gun (up to 3 years), turn it in at the appropriate time, process the “compensation”, retain a consignment (storage) fee out of the proceeds, and send you the balance of the money.
I have to add that Mr Cox wanted nothing to do with any part of this abomination of a gun ban, but I talked him into it because it is simple unacceptable that Canadian gun owners who want to leave are left without any solution for their guns save destroying them without compensation. Mr Cox very reluctantly agreed.
Others may also offer this service (they need a prohib business licence and a willingness to store guns), and I hope it means zero guns are caught by this massive hole in this abomination of an OIC.
If you need this service, please reach out to The Shooting Edge.