View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 02:52 PM

WOW some people are thick in the head!!

You can post and repost Sec 19 all you want,it has NOTHING to do with where you might legally discharge a restricted.
Sec 19(1)describes who may be authorized with an ATT to TRANSPORT a restricted between 2 locations,and 19(1a) is an example of places where one might TRANSPORT said restricted firearm to.

28(i) is essentially the exact same as 19(1a) only it deals specifically with class 12(6) prohibs.

Most of you with the exception of Throttle Monkey and a cpl others(?)are missing the entire argument here for some reason,that being if you haven't TRANSPORTED your gun anywhere,then arguably there is no law that specifically prohibits it's discharge if your home and legally registered address is otherwise legal to discharge non/restricted.
Posting and reposting 19(1a) doesn't change a damn thing in this discussion.....19 is about TRANSPORTING between author used locations....full stop PERIOD!!

I'm gonna say that the "problem" here,(or IMHO benefit and loophole here) is that when C-68 was being drafted,discharging a restricted at home as in the example was a unique situation that was simply overlooked by the the legislators?
I would think that they assumed that if they made it illegal to TRANSPORT your restricted to almost anywhere other then a CFO approved range,then that would suffice to cover any place that one might discharge restricted firearms. Clearly that is not the case as per this discussion,and IMHO an oversight on their part,otherwise there would be SPECIFIC laws and regs in the FA clearly defining same and/or prohibiting discharge at places other then a CFO approved range.
Again,,,,there is no such regulation,prohibition,or relevant Section in the Act.....they dropped the ball on this one and people have recognized the loophole.
So again....if you are at home with your legally licenced and registered restricted,and you haven't violated any transport nor storage regs,and it's otherwise legal to shoot non-restricted at said location,then you haven't broken any laws.
So again for the 3rd or 4tg or umpteen dozenth time,please somebody....ANYBODY... cite the relevant Section of the FA and or CC that you would be charged with,and save your breath and bandwidth quoting Sec 19(1) once again because it is simply irrelevant,it regulates the authorized TRANSPORT of restricted firearms and does not apply here.
ANNNNNDDDD again.....I defy anybody to show me a regulation in the FA that's been violated and/or a corresponding charge under the CC that expressly forbids this alleged prohibited discharge.
I'll save you the time and effort.....there is NO SUCH REG OR LAW,therefore,it is NOT illegal.