View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 07:58 PM

28 A chief firearms officer may approve the transfer to an individual of a restricted firearm or a handgun referred to in subsection 12(6.1) (pre-December 1, 1998 handguns) only if the chief firearms officer is satisfied

(a) that the individual needs the restricted firearm or handgun

(i) to protect the life of that individual or of other individuals, or

(ii) for use in connection with his or her lawful profession or occupation; or

(b) that the purpose for which the individual wishes to acquire the restricted firearm or handgun is

(i) for use in target practice, or a target shooting competition, under conditions specified in an authorization to transport or under the auspices of a shooting club or shooting range that is approved under section 29, or

(ii) to form part of a gun collection of the individual, in the case of an individual who satisfies the criteria described in section 30.

1995, c. 39, s. 28

Section 28 in section I how does that apply. The word "or"

No where does it say shoot in your back yard off the deck our out the window of you house. Nor does it ellude to that.

It does state under ATT or auspices of a shooting club or range approved. How does that fit.

In order to transfer a restrcited you have to have one of the following reasons. One should be able to conclude that one must only shoot that firearm at an approved range.
But I am assuming because it does not specifically say Joe smith cannot shoot his restricted firearm out his farm house window that it is legal to do.

It is funny how when we need more clarification of a law the goverment always seems to add more rules. Wait for it. Comming soon "no shootng from your dwelling"

Last edited by ctd; 03-18-2017 at 08:07 PM.