View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
Well, there's lots of questions that beg to be asked here... 300 ft of ice with your electric auger? 150 holes fished for 10 minutes each is 25 hours. But the big question is why would you openly admit to putting in that amount of time and effort and concede a skunk? To each and their own I guess. There's hydrographic maps and a staggering amount of electronics to put any angler on a fish or two. We used to find a major point or a creek mouth or inlet/outlet on lakes we never fished before long before the electronics came along and we would drill from 5 feet to 25 feet and fish with bait and any small spoon or a white or yellow jig. Always caught fish. My ol man would slap me silly if I came back and told him we drilled 150 holes and caught nothing. Just sayin. Maybe you needed some feedback.
Well good on ya for catching fish without electronics, old fashioned way. He never said there wasn't any fish there, maybe just didn't like the presentation which happens often. Pretty sure he was only bragging about the amount of holes he drilled with the electric auger on one battery, not about how many fish he did or didn't catch.