View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Nice afternoon out yesterday...caught 4...lost three and had multiple bites too.

Now here is the kicker...200' of water off garnet....yup...200' and just played in and off the bottom with a Len Thompson #2 spoon and just up from it a willow leaf for flash....jaw jacker had multiple hits with a 8" herring but only one came through the ice....I did try other lures etc but as soon as the spoon/willow leaf combo went down it was go time and fun too
The willow leaf is about two feet above the spoon and I think the banging off the bottom and disturbance and a little bit if any flash got them going....not sure but it worked

Had a fella and his son drop by asking what I was using as they were not familiar with the lake..awesome people from Moose Jaw..as soon as they left and went out to 150' and on the bottom using a buck tail they got thier first ever laker....he mentioned all the info he got was stick to 90-120' ish feet of water and to the drops and yet your hammering them in deeeeeep water....hey I drilled and dropped down the garmin....it showed lots of marks so I plunked my butt there....forecast is awesome this week

Always a good idea to hit different depths like that. Nice to hear it worked out .