Thread: Bathroom Vanity
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 06:38 PM

I'd look at that as a bit of challenge to actually make one. It's essentially a cabinet with a sink embedded in the top and plumbing running through it, yes?

My last bathroom got a standalone wall-mount sink (the best way I found to get a sink with acceptably large width proportions, and be high enough off the floor to avoid bending over all the time).

If I did it again, I'd put together a carcass of 3/4" baltic birch, high enough to be comfortable, with an unusually large drop-in sink sealed at the top. Inset slab doors on Blum hinges, 3/8" deep dado channels side & back for shelves & hidden dado for toe-board, rear dado-rabbet slab, upper bezel scored underneath with dado channel to hold left and right-side vertical panels and front skirt, ball-bearing drawers with one-piece face plates & dado-rabbet joints front and back, 3/4 oak trim on all exposed p/w edges. No nails or screws anywhere, except for hinges and handles. Brass quarter-turn ball valves on copper lines for local shutoff. Any appropriate faucet clamped into the sink hole(s).

Or something like that. I get so irritated looking at cheap particle-board slammed together with staples and pocket-screws, having tiny sinks 2 1/2 feet off the ground. But that's just me.