View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 04:04 PM

Default This is already happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
You don't understand my proposal. I am saying if there are 10,000 hunting licenses sold each licensee pays $10.00 that goes into a pool. That is $100,000.00.

Landowners that grant access to hunters recoup their losses from the pool, not from each individual hunter at the gate.

If they can prove damages and permitting access they draw out of the pool.

As far as liability goes a farmer would be in the same position if he grants access now.
Hunters currently pay for wildlife certificate plus average of 40.00 per tag.
Its nothing to drop 200.00 for tags. Another 10.00 for arguments sake alright we get hit with increases every year.

Ranchers or Farmers can apply for compensation for Wildlife damage now without having to prove access for hunters. What you describe above is not paid access and I don't have a problem with it. Wildlife damage property, improvement for wildlife there a number of programs for this now. But when a rancher says its my land you must pay me for the privilege of access is where it falls apart. Some guys are saying sure a hundred bucks is fine but it wont stop there. Once it is accepted it will grow to highest bidder gets exclusive access. Everyone here that appears to be fighting you/Landowners is not. They are fighting to allow equal access for hunters regardless of their station in life. The land is yours to do with as you please allow access or don't its your choice and I will support you happily either way. I get why some landowners have closed the gate. I am fed up beyond description with the Yahoos out there, and I'm not talking landowners. I report every infraction to the law if legal or the owner if its just disrespectful behavior. No one should get away with it. But I am going to fight the system that will get a door slam in my face unless I cough up 5 grand. A cheque should not open up the opportunity for hunting, while keeping others out.

MAC

Save time... see it my way