Thread: New Bow Strings
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytAlpha35 View Post
Yeah I can get carried away on this topic. lol. My apologies. It such a crucial aspect. We're talk 1/16" or less on the length of a string or cable than can effect the shot. You get into certain temperature conditions and it'll effect the performance and point if impact. To me the less that is needed to do to the material to make it stable and creep free means it more stable to begin with and is a better choice.

This is from DSM on creep. Different application but result is the same. Dyneema Or UHMPE Ultra High Molecular Polyethylene creeps by nature. It's just part of its chemical makeup. 8190, 8125 fall into this category. BCY even states that 8190 had the lowest creep ever for a Dyneema. Which means it still creeps...
http://www.dsm.com/products/dyneema/...ore/creep.html

Vectran is the stabilizing material in 452X, trophy, and X. Blends are 66% sk75 Dyneema , 33% Vectran. For X it's. 83% sk90 Dyneema and 17% Vectran. The experts that make this stuff for a living determine that's what's needed to be stable.

http://www.vectranfiber.com/ has lots of information.

With a straight Dyneema IMO extra procedures and possibly heat of some sort (which is so bad for dyneema) are necessary to get some stability. Those same procedures with a Vectran will breakdown the material and reduce it's long term stability.

Now to throw this all for a Loop Brownell has developed procedures in the construction of there straight Dyneema materials to get awesome stability, it impressive.

I'm not a hoyt guy by an means just a name from when I started bowhunying. Had an Alphamax 35 in '09, they went to a roller guard and they went buy buy, plus have you seen the prices? There atrocious hard to believe that much mark-up from the US. still have that bow thought. Shot prime, Mathews and since and house is full of pse right now. I could do some serious plugging for them

Fuse of past built with a sk75 base weren't good. After an elk hunt my bow was so out of time it required a complete go over. And those were built with 700lbs of pre-stretch as they promoted. Was the material to blame or the build? I'm saying the string material. The latest ones built with BCY X are solid.
And My apologies also for the tone...I am By all means no expert or pro on building bow strings...however being a bowhunter and installing strings for bowhunters I do know what works with the least stretch [settlement] issues of failures... WBS hands down have had the least issues of all stock bow stings combined...

I appreciate your knowledge and opinion...not being a Pro string builder I do not know all the technology or tolerance specs...

But I invite you to talk to ALLAN at WBS Phone: 306-628-3992
Allan will more than happy to discuss string building technology with you...he is pleasent and very knowledgeable to talk too...you wont regret it!!!

Neil