Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
I think the point is moot ....number of walleyes in the creek is relative to

feed , water temp and level . 3 yrs ago we were catching 20" plus fish in 2 ft. of water on july 15 th.....

Brian did tell me he was concerned about how the Tournaments were pounding this spawning area in the spring. This was 3 yrs ago...
So to me the Tourneys are the problem ....late opening on spawning areas on any given body of water is not uncommon
, I have always debated the spawning theory here as this area is solid loon **** and every fish you cut open are full of shiners . There are milting males there but in May they are all over the lake even in W--- Coulee.

There are too many people keeping legal fish in this lake ....info and technology in the hands
of the wrong people is a dangerous thing , too many F&F's these days
( Fish and Fry )...Also too many blabbermouths on this board. " F & F " I believe should be a new club , the fisheaters unite....with membership you get a gallon of peanut oil.

This closure shows you that PC's have no plan , never have had one ,
just kinda rollin around . Now that I know that it just takes one guy to get the regs changed , I think its time to get the province wide Bait Ban movement
going .That would make those tourneys interesting , might as well just cut the cheque to Chub before it starts

Though that dock is home to a few kids , also lots of poaching going on there .

When is the last time you saw F&W there ....oh ya NEVER>

This closure will be tough to enforce.....so bussiness as usual
You do bring up a couple good points. The one thing I was wondering if Brian was concerned about the tournaments in the spawning areas why as the president of SAWT did he not address this problem. Did his involvement with SAWT seem greater then his involvement with Walleye Unlimited. There still seems to be a lot of unanswered questions. Thank You