View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 07:58 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I lived 10 min drive from the east end of Babine lake and I have never seen a silver sockeye caught out of the lake. I had lots of guys show me “silver sockeye” but they were more like pink with a silver shine at best

If you want sockeye go farther west where they are actually silver with firm meat not red/pink mushy Babine sockeye

Now if you want to C&R some nice rainbows go to Babine but they have worms so I wouldn’t eat them.

But guy’s sure do catch and eat those mushy sockeye but not this guy
Ya, when i river fish ive been staying well within in the chrome zone only… i like seeing brite silver fish and seeing the only good thing about sea lice, being able to know the fish you just caught with them on is fresh from the ocean. $20 bucks a day is cheaper than going withTravis and his buddies, tho they get you way more goods!

I always thot them babine sockeye were gonna be a little mangey, tho one guy that trolls them in babine lake swore they were still nice silver. I kinda dislike mange on my fish! Tho i did once bring a massive chum home from the kitimat that had a little mange spot that i planned to smoke, but a non chinook year for me, so we ate it and i did like it… immensly actually! The key with all salmon, just keep adding butter til just right! Chums included

…and dont forget the salt! Just like Taber corn!

Last edited by Marty S; 08-09-2023 at 08:07 PM.