View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Ok another way to look at it....

My rifle barrels are proofed to 100,000 psi BUT are rated for 60- 70 thousand PSI. Wonder why that is?

JUST because the salesman tells me the breaking strength of my pickup's axle is 11,000 Lbs. doesn't mean I should load my truck up to the max load weight and cruise down the highway "cause my truck will pull it with ease".

There is a reason barrels are tested to there burst strength then loads are reduced 40% or so...trucks axles are no different.

There is also a reason most 1/2 ton trucks don't have extendable mirrors on them...So you can't see the tail of the dog, wagging your truck. Or looking like you just came back from "broke back mountain" with your rear bumper scrapping the pavement.

But you do as you like...

Oh, believe me, I will continue to do as I like with regard to towing my trailer.

Your, and other people's concerns are duly noted. But I reiterate, the towing capacity of my vehicle is such that it can pull my travel trailer quite nicely and safely thank you very much. Indeed, it has in fact. To the tune of over 30,000 total km's from when I bought it new in 2008. I've pulled it with a half ton truck since day one and never had a single solitary issue doing so with any one of the 3 Ford F150's I've pulled it with in the last 12 years.

FYI, My truck does indeed have extendable mirrors. It came from the factory with them. They're power too so I don't have to roll my window down to push them out, pull them in or fold them back. I ordered this truck with the built in tow package. Just like the last one I purchased new in 2009.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***