Thread: Spring Bear
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow_baron View Post
We've had people kill bears on out baits opening day and we hunt a few hours west of Edmonton. The biggest bear killed to date on our baits was the first week and a half in season. We had one bait that my uncle said was hit, I even think that's a little early but who knows. I sure hope it isn't a grizzly. We've never seen them in the area but I imagine they are around. I was feeling pretty optimistic about an early bear season but with the weather they've been having it will set us back a week or two. I have a week off starting April 24th, so I'm not too worried if it is an early season. I'll likely be behind the camera more so than hunting myself. I was planning on holding out for a chocolate or a blonde, but not getting an elk last year I don't have any meat left so I might take the first 4 year old that walks in.

When I mentioned two weeks before April 1st I was talking about being able to purchase your tag.
Like I said, the odd bear will be out, but not a lot

We bait north and have yet to have a year that we can even get in by April 1st, let alone 2 weeks early.
Our baits have been established for years and the earliest we've had a visitor has been April 13.

Different regions have different conditions I suppose.