View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
Hey guys. I have just entered into the world of smoking. I purchased a Master Forge propane smoker from Lowes and just wondering if you guys have any experience with them?

I seasoned it as per the booklet instructions. I'm currently doing some baby backs in it before I try a 6lb pork shoulder next week. I can't seem to get the temp below 225. I have a digital thermometer mounted on one of the grills. I have the exhaust all the way open on the top, the dial turned all the way down and the side vents wide open. I can only get it down to about 240. Also should the wood chips burn right to ash. The recipie I'm following suggested 4oz of wood. Once thats done smoking do another 4oz and leave it. Should the wood be ash or charcoal when I'm done? There is no more smoke and it's been going for about 1hr15mins.
So did the baby backs on the smoker for about 4.5hrs at an average temp of 240, tossed them on the grill for 10mins and sauced them up. Have to say they were really tasty. I also did baby potatoes tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. They were in the smoker the whole time. They were awesome. I think I convinced the wife that the smoker was a good purchase. Next up pulled pork.