View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teberle View Post
No, it is absolutely not a good thing. More right-wing talking points, provided by the same scumbags who push the deficit paranoia, and for the same reason! There are many things that ONLY the government can provide, and others which it provides much more efficiently than the private sector. I do not have a pension on the line as you suggest, and no, I don't want them controlling my life. I do, however, want to be able to send my kid to a school where he can get a proper education, without having to pay exorbitant private school tuition, and without him being one of 40 in the class. I also want access to quality health care. We can't have these things without government taxing and spending. I think it would be great if you and people who share your views could spend some time living in the government-free utopia you advocate. You'd be begging to come back to civilization in a jiffy.
I never said there should be no government. I said small government is a good thing. I agree that education is probably the most important tool it can deliver its citizens. An educated populace is a successful populace. My daughter was in a class with 47 last year with 2 teachers in it. Very good environment. It’s not a lack of teachers; it’s a lack of classrooms.

Quality healthcare does not mean the government controls it. Our healthcare is mediocre at best.

No government, will ever deliver a service more efficiently than a private counterpart. Ever.

You seem to think that I want to live in an anarchy. I want to live in a country that has a centered political ideology. Canada is so far left you think Lenin is “ALT right” compared to Stalin when in fact they are both so far left you can’t see center. I want to live in the Canada of even 20 years ago, but 50 would be better. I think you should go live in a utopia you envision; instead of dragging all of Canada into oblivion with you.