Thread: FHA Offering
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 09:36 AM
AO Sponsor

I’m going to briefly try to explain something to you all, hopefully this will make you feel a little better about the fur markets.

The summary of the past winter regarding the fur business is best summed up by a two word quote from Howard Trager, “…No business…” This is not limited to coyotes by no means, basically no fur was selling in traditional markets, at all, worldwide. Didn’t matter if it was coyotes or lynx, fox, ranch mink or ranch fox, virtually nothing moving. This does not mean the fur industry is dead, but that currently, they do not want to buy any fur.

There are exceptions of course, beaver moved madly, finncoon I believe sold well and the zoo collection always into the taxidermy and novelty markets.

This permanent Chinese govt stupidity thing that they pretend to battle covid with is a huge roadblock, is it Chinese pride or is it a WEF play to intentionally disrupt the supply chain and cause massively increased inflation? Or other? I don’t know, but people have inventory, of skins, of finished goods, but in time the machine should technically fire up again.

But I do expect our wonderful WEF leaders to have more nasty surprises for us. If not tho, then it should be up, up, and away…

But coyotes will find a new floor at some point, just not yet. Thank you Mr Downey for not unloading the section 1 coyotes. Hopefully FHA can/will expand their cold storage ASAP to handle the typical NAFA volumes so stuff doesn’t cook and get ugly before sales occur or we all lose.