View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiekid View Post
I have a pair of Viper HD 8*42mm and I love them. The glass I was using before was a very cheap pair of Bushnell 8*30mm, so apples to oranges. I was shocked at the difference it made though. With the Viper I find deer I had no idea were filtering their way through the bush. I was fortunate as they were a gift from my wife, probably the best gift I have ever received. She went with Vortex because a good friend recommended them to her because of the warranty. You might just have to look through mine!
Yeah, maybe I will. By then I will probably have bought a pair though! Price range is a tough one for me, because I will go many seasons without them really playing any roll in my success. I've got pretty good "game eyes" at woods ranges, and usually a decision has to be made without giving the headgear a detailed glassing... that said, I can think of more than a few instances where they were vital. Basically, if I'm going to be packing them a hundred kilometers or so between situations where they are actually important, then I think the emphasis should be on portability more than anything else.

At this point I am sort of leaning towards the 8x32 Prostaffs, the glass seems good for the price and I found them to be very light and compact, even for 8x32's.

Last edited by Bushleague; 09-08-2019 at 03:27 PM.