Thread: Mid size atvs
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
I don't generally buy things with resale value in mind. By the time I'm done with them they aren't worth much anyhow.

Good to know about your Yamaha experience. Most people rag on them for their belt system yet I've never actually heard of anyone having a belt go bad when proper maintenance has been kept up with. A lot of the naysayers on the belt system say don't do it for x y or z reason, yet have never had that system or x y or z happen to them. By that reasoning, I shouldn't buy anything but a solid rubber tire because I might get a flat 20 miles back on those pneumatic types...

Never had an issue with the Yamaha belt system but it is very different than most belt drive systems. Have had TONS of issues with the Polaris belt drives. Problem with a lot of stuff on the internet is you get opinions from guys that don't have actual experience with them, they just repeat what they have read. They also don't understand the large differences from one make to another, like in this case where people think all belt drives are the same.

There were for quite a few years, Chinese copies of The Honda TRX series of quads. They were nearly identical but they sure as heck weren't when it came to reliability. If you end up getting the CFMoto you will have to file an update down the road to let us know how it went.