Thread: Mid size atvs
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawhide View Post
I would recommend the Yamaha, i had a 2003 450 Kodiak and put on over 9000km. All same belt and brake pads. The Yamaha clutch system is not like the Polaris or Can-Am, it is a wet type system. So you will never burn out a belt on them. I have been riding with all manufactures and they all work and ride fine, i put on over 3000km+- per year, winter and summer. But for CF Moto there price point is very good plus the extras, but i would not buy one if a Yamaha is in your same price range. The reliability and easy for maintenance on the yamahas are best in the industry. You can pick up a cheap winch from Canadian tire or Princess auto and are not difficult to install your self. Plus with Yamaha, you will get a used price when you want to sell it later, the CF moto resale is not great.
I don't generally buy things with resale value in mind. By the time I'm done with them they aren't worth much anyhow.

Good to know about your Yamaha experience. Most people rag on them for their belt system yet I've never actually heard of anyone having a belt go bad when proper maintenance has been kept up with. A lot of the naysayers on the belt system say don't do it for x y or z reason, yet have never had that system or x y or z happen to them. By that reasoning, I shouldn't buy anything but a solid rubber tire because I might get a flat 20 miles back on those pneumatic types...