View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazIce View Post
Hey guys.

Thanks for the info. I have a question. Wouldn’t you need to use the same batch of powder each time you do this? I’m going to develop my first loads next year and I’m assuming I would have to retest the powder node whenever I’m using a new case lot of powder.

Another question, how do you determine if a bullet is .020 off the lands? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Certain brands of powders will be more consistent, I usually only use a few different powders because I can’t be bothered to try 6-12 different powders for one load. Batch to batch, and especially temp sensitivity, you will probably see on paper at the range if you don’t have a chronograph of some sort. Knowing your velocities is priceless information.

Hornady OAL Gauge is a great tool and definitely something to have for reloading. You need the gauge, modified cases for the caliber you’re reloading for, and a comparator set so you can measure to the ogive of each bullet instead of the bullet tip. Prob run you about $200 for everything if I remember right.