View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 12:26 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
For the sake of discussion, I have to adamantly disagree here. And I have proven it many, many times over the years.

Real Life Example - a "casual" fisherman friend of mine (gets out a dozen times a year or so) said he has caught hundreds of walleye on his ugly stick over the years.

We were fishing, having the same exact discussion as we are now in this thread, and I'm killing em' pulling up and eye every 5 minutes and he getting a missed bite here and a missed bite there ....

We were both using the same minnows and the same color jig head.

The issue was the eyes were gentle and sucking in the bait and I could "feel" the take - his sloppy, soft fencepost couldn't.

I handed him another one of my rods, and he started hammering them too.

The next day he went out and bought a walleye rod just like mine.

I have repeated this pattern twice, using the same argument, and the same results over the years.

Although casting a spoon to a pike will not distinguish a fence post from a highly sensitive rod, there are times, like trout, walleye or white fishing where the results are clear, concise and without question.

Sure he would have caught a dozen fish that day - but instead he caught several dozen.

Food for thought. Buy one and try it. It will change your life. I used to share your opinion, but then I found out the truth and became enlightened - it saved me !!!!!!! Although I joke - it truly is a game changer.
hmmm perhaps when the bite is soft he should place his finger under the line near the reel (better off with braided line).....tap tap is felt but not indicated on the rod tip....a cheap rod can go a long way for the average fella....you Sir fish at a higher level than most and can justify the extra costs....the rest of us just dream and improvise

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...