View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntsfurfish View Post
$50.00 graphite rods break just as easily as $500.00 graphite rods. And sensitivity while not equal would be very hard to determine for the individual. I have G Loomis walleye rods that cost over $450.00 and other high end rods and also graphite rods that cost $40.00 to $60.00 that would be hard to tell by sensitivity alone. Weight would be easier to tell the difference and plays a roll in sensitivity.
I’m going to disagree with this a bit.

There will be a very clear difference in sensitivity between a $40-60 dollar rod and a $400 rod. It’s night and day. There’s really no comparison in my experience.

If you move up into the $120-160 range, there’s a big jump in sensitivity and quality compared to the $40-60 rods. This is kind of the sweet spot in terms of bang for the buck in my opinion.

The jump from the $120-160 range into the $300+ range is often a smaller difference in sensitivity, it’s definitely there, but it’s weight, guides, reel seats, cork quality, etc... that adds up in the price difference. Fishing with a G Loomis GLX or NRX is a pretty amazing experience. It spoils you.