View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 02:09 PM

Default Thanks for the Info!

abrigger - thanks for the advice - I think I will start shooting singles, my first 2 arrows are always better my third!

I am very confident at 15 to 25 yards my typical pattern on 2 arrows is usually less than 3 inches (with the 3rd tired shot pushing that out to 5 or 6")

I think I need to sight in a bit better - I am consistently to the left of target when I am shooting 30 to 40 yards but it doesn't seem that noticeable or negligable at 25 yards.

BigRackLover - thanks - I googled the paper test and will definately try this. My arrows are sometimes in the target at slightly different orientations - but I was chocking that up to shooting error/bad technique - perhaps my knocking position could use some adjustment as well. They sold me the bow as "tuned" but I'm sure no two people would hold/shoot/aim the same way correct? I needed to change my sight position already as I was shooting consistenty about 7 to 8 " left of target - at 25 yards - as I mentioned it appears I have solved a bit of this - just may need a bit more slight adjustment.

I am hoping to get in to see Jim at Jimbows for a lesson - I'm sure it would be well worth the time and answer many of questions.

I will not be too upset if I do not hunt this year, I would like to be very confident before hunting deer. The target shooting is very enjoyable - a huge change from my old browning bow 20 years ago! In the area where I constructed my tree-stand it precludes me from shooting past 35 yards - so I want to get a bit more proficient at 30 to 40 yards before I venture out.