View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 09:58 AM

I would say the only time I feel remorse is when I wound an animal that requires a follow up shot or it gets away. Lets face it, eventually it happens to every hunter.

When I cleanly harvest an animal I feel gratitude. I already know I will be using all the meat I possibly can. The animal died a clean death likely cleaner than it would have if left to mother nature.

Pest control I look at a little differently. By harvesting that animal I am preventing suffering of it or other animals.

Unfortunately I have been asked to put down other peoples pets on two separate occasions. Both times it was obvious the animal was in a lot of pain that it would not survive and help was at least an hour away. This is definitely a bag of mixed emotions. On one hand I never want to kill someones dog but I don't want to see it suffer either so I pull the trigger once the makes the decision. I cant imagine what it will feel like if I ever have to do that to my own dog.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."