View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
What you fail to realize cnp is that anyone can make a website to manage access and can charge whatever the hell they want. I'd set the rates to my land based on what type of animals there were.

I could create my own website and update it with recent photos of animals. If I had a herd of elk maybe I'll charge $400 per hunter. After all my websites just managing access for hunters.

Theres a massive revenue model every land owner could copy under the guise we are managing access. In your case their not managing access. The land owner explicitly told you to pay up for permission to hunt. After you paid that land owner granted you access.

I dont blame you for utilizing a tool before you nor do i think you did anything wrong as this website is well known and is allowed to operate.

But what you've described is pay for access regardless how you spin it. It should be investigated for what it is.
Your scenario ^^^^ would not be legal. You're describing a landowner charging access for his land for hunting. The reason CLAS is allowed to operate, in my opinion, is that it is not compensating landowners. A scheme that compensates landowners cannot be allowed under existing law.