View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
I took my daughter out calling for the first time last Sunday. First stand we didn't see anything other than my cows who were pretty stirred up by all of the commotion. It was breezy so we moved into an old growth spruce stand for the second stand. 27 seconds after we started calling (timed it on the video), three coyotes came in hot. Lacey missed, which turned two of them and the third one blazed by us at 3m and I missed it. We switched to a coyote pup distress call and soon had 3 or 4 more coyotes come in, and within 3 minutes we had both emptied our rifles and had 3 coyotes down. I couldn't have scripted a more exciting hunt to get a new hunter interested in the sport. My friend was along to video and run the caller, and he posted the video on you tube (Coyote Day with Lacey).

I shot a coyote at 20 yards on the third stand and was caught day dreaming by another that came in. Lacey drilled one at the 4 set up with a 40 yard shot.

I think we timed it perfect with the first warm day in a couple of weeks. The action was unbelievable, and I'm a committed bush caller now.

3 of the 5 were big males. They all had good fur but one had rubbed his tail.

I'd also like to be able to use a suppressor. And an AR15.
Watched the video, looked awfully exciting! Was that a Foxpro? If so, which distress call was that?
Thanks!