View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
For me I would rather harvest late then early season. Last year went to the end never seen any difference at the sale.
Yup, why catch early season coyotes that are worth $50 when they'll become $100 coyotes. Late season coyotes will only get worse so you might as well catch them. In this market late season coyotes bring in good money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka250 View Post
That's what I found as well hence why I was so confused at everyone pulling out so soon.
Two seasons ago the fur was good and I caught my last coyotes on the last day when I was pulling all my snares. Last season all that I was catching were low grade coyotes at the end of January so I pulled my snares early. This year I'm going to the bitter end. The quality of the fur depends on the type of winter we have I guess.

Lots of variables as to when people decide to pull their snares......calving season, low grade coyotes, expense vs return.....maybe just plain tired after 3 months of snaring? In this market my advice is to keep on trapping as long as the fur is decent even if it's a lower grade than earlier in the season.