View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11567403 View Post
I’d imagine they would only pay for some if you already had quite a few hours banked? That’s the first I’ve heard of that.
It seems like going to civilian route to helicopter pilot is very costly and you still can’t compete with x military pilots when it comes to finding a job. Although you could probably do it a lot faster than 12 years. I’ll look into well operating a bit.
Any particular reason the military would be tough to get into?
Just a lot of competition for those spots when they come up? I know being bilingual isn’t required when you apply but would it hurt your chances a lot not knowing French?
The military I believe now could be way off I did look into once in my life to cause I love aviation. If you were to try for military it’s not like you apply for just the helicopters pilot I think you would have to have a university degree or go to royal military college. Then branch off to aviation and there is some very bad smart people to compete with. Don’t take my word for this look into it some more. One time aerial recon if you signed up with them for a certain amount of years they would pay for helicopter license this was a number of years ago and today market might be tough to finds this worth calling and asking.
The blue seal thing I got that it might help my resume but it’s not like it got me anything at least we’re im at now. I fact pretty much got everything I could think off in my two trades guess just have to study and learn them deeper. Wish you luck if you could find something that doesn’t feel like work that would be amazing. I don’t have that wish i did.