View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
It's pretty open area and from what I am told everyone is trying to kill them down south. I can see why there would be a difference. It's not like that up north here. I can put a dead cow in the field and let it sit and let coyotes feed of it and there will be 5 or six coming and going all day long and staying within 500 yards of the carcass till it is gone. They need some bush nearby and they just hang out...
I can have 20-50 ravens on a site and they won't tough a coyote till day 3. After that it seems they get on them. Not sure why it takes 3 days. Interesting how things vary so much from one area to another
this is the same behavior i have noticed in my area. though i only snared last winter i have shot off of bait for a while now and unless it has been pressured hard the coyotes will come and go all day long. as for the ravens. out of the roughly 30 coyotes i snared none got opened by ravens and i was flushing 10-20 every time i approached the bait. i was checking roughly 3-4 days apart.

For my coyote pics @trophy_country_coyotes on instagram

life's too short to fish nymphs