View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I want a duel purpose, lake/river boat. I realize it won't be the best for both worlds, something I can take on the Fraser or the Shuswap. From what I've researched a 12 degree hull is kinda what would work best.

Not fiberglass
12 degree would work ok but that is just your typical big river boat so unless you are planning to primarily use it as a river boat it wouldn't be my personal choice.

If you want something better for both I think 16 degree would be worth looking at. You will still be able to run almost anywhere on bigger rivers like the Fraser, Athabasca or even NSR and it should handle rougher water and lakes better too.

If it is mainly the Fraser you are interested in doing and you are not that interested in NSR etc I would just get a lake boat and be careful where you go. There are lots of spots you could easily fish with an outboard out there just need to be a bit careful when beaching fish.

If you have the space you could just get a river boat for at home and use your lake boat when at the Fraser(assuming you want to do it and Shuswap at same time).

Just ideas, if you are going to spend most of your time on lakes I would prefer a Lund Tyee or something like that rather then compromising just to be able to fish a river once in a while.