View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 11:51 AM

The 30/06 Var Tech stock is getting sorted today thanks to Stewart.

They come in short action only, but he does the forearm "fill-in" that allows for the long actions,,, the barrel length will be cut back a bit to help balance the rifle out.

The Remmy Long Range rifles are front end heavy,,, which is good as it helps them stay planted for long range target shooting stuff, but I can knock this back a bit since it will be much easier to handle in the thick timbers.

The 30/06 cartrage is not a power house like the big magnums, a little bit of recoil "hopefully won't put me off the game plan. Ha.
Most likely a few inches shorter, pretty sure the 200+ yard critter harvests will still work out.

Looking forward to have both rifles sorted as 1 will take me into the FTR category and the other for the fun bush league stuff.

I would of never thought I'd do the custom rifle thing in my life time,,, I can see now after this season spent at the RMH Range that these fun builds offer iron silhouette shooting like no other.

The big iron gong is fun, but those little ones put the challanges to rifle and its shooter.

Don