View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 03:25 PM

Well, if I can get Photobucket to cooperate, no more teasing today.....for your examination and delight, I'd like to present you with a very, very rare Colt Python. It is a Canadian Provinces Edition, and happens to be Alberta! It was originally shipped to Arkansas, ended up in Ontario, and then BC, and now it is finally where a museum piece like this deserves to be, in Alberta! A brief description:

1979 Colt Python, Blue
Factory Engraved
Ivory Grips (yes, real pre ban Ivory) Ivory patch box, screw driver, oiler and brush, in French Walnut presentation box.
Sights outlined in Gold, Province of Alberta outlined in gold on unfluted cylinder, gold Maple Leaf on right side of frame, Canadian Provinces Edition on barrel in gold.

I have letter from Colt coming with it. Trying to verify actual production on this has turned out to be very difficult, it is not even listed in Kelly's book, suffice to say...very rare. A couple speculations on the order of 50 or less. No idea if any others are in Canada, but no more will ever come to Canada because of the Ivory Ban.

Of course, unfired in original presentation box with all paperwork and the Colt Archives letter of authenticity. Without further ado.....here she is boys and girls!
(these are pics from seller, I obviously don't have it quite yet....)

So, was it worth the tense waiting? You betcha!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 06-27-2017 at 03:38 PM.