Thread: 30 cal???
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
"When it comes to killing effectiveness, bullet construction has a much greater impact than SD. This has been established by industry experts, and is borne out in my own experience as a hunter and guide, as well. In the hundreds of BG animals I've seen die, the trend that I've noticed is that a lighter bullet of controlled expansion, whether a Nosler PT, Barnes TTSX, etc, penetrates deeper and more reliably than a heavier C&C. Now that doesn't necessarily means than a controlled-expansion bullet kills more effectively than other designs like a Berger VLD or other C&C design."

The above is a quote from your post #88. Had I realized you were a top tier guide who has witnessed "hundreds" of BG kill's I would never had considered disagreeing with some of your very pragmatic comments.
You have been a very busy guy with several decades of experience for a seemingly younger individual.
Compared to us armchair guys you have done very well
I wouldn't say top tier, and it doesn't take long to witness a couple hundred animals die when you guide several people a year, professionally as well as casually, in addition to your own hunting. There are people that have seen a lot more kills than I have.

I will say that some people do more in a year than others, so not everybody's "one year" or "one decade" of hunting is equal. Some people also pay more attention to terminal performance after a kill than others. So age doesn't mean much when it comes to gathering meaningful experience. There are too many variables.