View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Maybe on paper and at the range. But due to harvest success rates being essentially identical to compounds everywhere they hunt together...do tell? This apparent advantage will only be seen in Alberta? Lol, ok, if u say so.

Here's a thought, maybe the upside of easier distance shooting with a crossbow rested only, is easily offset by it's more single shot nature, clumsiness afield, requirement to shoot rested at I dare say anything over 40 yards to compete with compounds or beat them by a smidge, still have the same loopy trajectory requiring ranging and compensating for the distance at hand etc. Clearly the case otherwise harvest success stats would show different. Zero threat, I'll take my compound all day. Not sure if being forced to rest the crossbow is any kind of advantage on game inside 100, sounds like very few circumstance that would come in handy and be a disadvantage more often than not. Good luck with your argument that the crossbow isn't a bow though. In bowhunting....it's a bow, can't debate it anymore, too much proof out there.
Good post