View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
First google and I get a 103 yrd squirrel (guys having fun with the challenge) 1st guy misses by c-hair, second guy maybe not ready for 100 plus and third guy gets a turn and heart shot, very shortly down same page we have a 104 yrd muley in brutal wind, in fact pretty windy on the squirrel too, see links below. This is lterally a drop in the bucket...the long range bow kills awesomeness easily won by compound guys. Get your googler going boys...prepare to be enlightened...I was being generous about the pie plate at a 100 comment....not really a problem for solid shooters. This is another easily moot argument that when dug into easy to see the crossbow is just another bow, in fact, the compound guys can whoop up on the crossbow guys in most cases IMO. No threat. Seriously, start googling 100 yard bow shots, no end to guys killing and shooting well to ranges most think are insane for any kind of bow. There r too many long-range compound kills to find now.

The compound is the most effective bow for hunting in the most situations hands down. There is a reason it's as popular as it is....it does it all and then some!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSQzE...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ri6U...e_gdata_player

And, there is the argument. The average bow guy can't make those 100 yard shots. But!!! The average xgun guy can...... ( being both are set up for it)The bow guys that can make those shot, have more skill, patience, experience and practice to make those shots. And yes, they will out shoot xguns, because of the attributes listed.

Once tuned to 100 yds, anyone who has shot a gun, should be able to hit a target at 100 with a xgun...and even pass it to his buddies, with the similar results....

Heck, I'm pretty confident my 3 yr old could make those shots with a bi pod, on a rest with a xgun! Hoping to try it this week !