View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Just to throw gas in the fire...Fred Bear took what he called the “ham shot” times have changed and we have different ethics now. I agree, bad shots happen but they shouldn’t and we need to avoid the circumstances which lead to bad shots.
My ethics class taught me everyone has feelings and no one is right or wrong haha. Ethics are very elastic now. I don't agree that it is an ethical shot but the true issue here is not that I don't practice. I practiced for a three months almost every day shooting from different positions and scenarios. The issue is that I have severe anxiety and buck fever. I can run and be exhausted and shoot fine, but when I have a few seconds to decide to shoot an animals in front of me; that's where the issue with my shooting appears. I don't bring anyone down on this forum, at least I don't try to. Many people think accusing someone or talking crap about them will somehow magically make someone a better hunter. No. I have learned that explaining to them without anger is the best way.