Thread: Africa 2019
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiegeRiver View Post
Well, the day has arrived. We're flying to Calgary this afternoon, staying overnight, then departing for South Africa, via Frankfurt, Germany tomorrow. Ten days of hunting, one day off-shore fishing, one day Game drive in one of the big parks. Then we'll do a self-drive tour from Port Elizabeth to Capetown, sightseeing and exploring over about ten days or so. Return to Canada on 15/16 July. I will likely need some assistance with posting pictures when I get back....I don't do it enough to stay up on it.

LR
Well, we're back, safe and sound. To say it was a fantastic experience is an understatement. It was an incredible experience from start to finish, with no real lows (a couple of little bumps) and a lot of fun had throughout the trip. We hunted, shopped, did a horseback photo safari, went ocean fishing, did a wine tour (four places in one day...) and generally had a great time. If anyone is interested, there is a full Hunt Report in AfricaHunting.com, titled "First time in Africa, with KMG Safaris", by LiegeRiver. We fished with HookedOnAfrica.com, out of Capetown, for Yellowtail tuna and Atlantic Bonita. First class operation, highly recommended. If anyone wants Outfitter information, look up KMG Safaris. If you want to talk with me about it, PM your number and I will call you. I communicated and talked with Marius Goosen, the OF, for a couple of years. I honestly could not find, nor did I ever hear, any negative comments about his operation. I cannot say the same about some other outfits that I researched. I am going to attempt to insert some pictures....if I ball it up, I will need assistance, as I don't do it enough to stay current on the procedure.
Okay, what is this url business? I don't see that on any of the photos?

Gord