View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 03:16 AM

Default Problem Isolated and Solved

Well as promised I am reporting the outcome of the problem I was having with my 2008 Grizzly 700.
With some generous help from another member of this great forum, we were able to get down to the root cause of the engine that would not start. For me this one had me looking in all the wrong directions, although there "May Have Been" more than one issue present, but I will never know.
As I had mentioned, I ended up installing a new Stator and associated Crankshaft Position Sensor, this may or may not have been necessary, (as it turns out) but looking at it, it was nearly cooked anyway so future problem averted.

Now I do not understand how it happened but it appears that perhaps some carbon deposit/s came loose from around one of the intake valves, and ended up right on the seat, then when the valve tried to close it bent it enough that it would not seal. This must have happened right when I turned it off for the last time the evening before. This became immediately evident when we did a compression test and had "0" pressure - AHAH!

Got a mini-wifi camera out and managed to snake it in though the throttle body and shining a light in through the exhaust port and voila "You Can See the Light".

So we popped the head off, and a set of new valves, gaskets and a couple hours put her all back together and she started up on first crank. Hallelujah!
There you have it, didn't even have to use a paper clip or spray the switches, and it was a whole lot cheaper than a new machine, lol - Running now like a new machine.

I can't say enough good things about the assistance and knowledge brought to the situation by forum member Tullfan, much appreciated there buddy.