View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanden View Post
I just got back from riding up there yesterday, and am going back today. The ATV club in the pass has done a lot of work to make it easier to get up there. (Drained water holes, Cut new trails). I'm not sure as of where that hole is exactly, but its definitely easy to get up now. As of yesterday, the last 500m of the trail was all snow and I couldn't get any farther on a bike without sinking. The only one out of our group that was able to get anywhere was a small little racing quad that didn't sink through the snow and could just barely ride on the top.

I uploaded a picture for you that might help pending that mudhole is where I think it is. But thats a big IF lol. The green star is the new corner/entrance that the pass club cut to go up to the plane crash. The red line is the path that jumps off the main trail, zig zags up the hill and orange star is where your mud hole. Lots of riders haven't liked it and made a new path where the purple line is thats easier to get up. The blue rectangle I put in there is an actual quad crossing bridge over the stream, so thats the easiest way up. The trail after that is all good. Find the bridge, and you're golden.
That sounds right. I'm not sure why we didn't go that way before. I was able to pull up this track that I made when we went last time with Google My Tracks. Hopefully the weather is nice later this week and we'll give it a try again. Any signs of bears or cougars?