View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 01:33 PM

I think EVERY man deserves a few boats to match to each situation - but, we all don't have the space in the garage, or the money in our pockets ..... lol

But, if you want the most cost effective, big lake, little pothole lake, river and everything one boat and you are trailering it anyways - then a 16 ft, 20"transom, and 25-40 hp is ideal in my mind.

You just have to cautious and cognoscente of the weather in any small vessel. But with a 20" transom and a heavier wider and longer boat with a flat floor - the extra stability and safety are huge.

I've had a dozen of these boats over the years and the floor is a must have for me. When I didn't have the bucks, I just made one myself from regular plywood, painted (and sand textured) my own.

I also prefer Honda (or Yamaha) outboards - simply because of the bullet proof reliability. They truly are worth it - simple like a sewing machine, and when you pull the cord - it starts ......... every time.

I hear the new mercs (Tohatsu) are better now as well - but until they age and mature, the jury is still out for me. I don't need a workout every time my merc needs to be started.

See this review (scroll down to the 16' SSV) it someone from Sherwood Park actually - and he's 100% spot on.

https://www.sportfishermanscenter.co...--boat-reviews

Last edited by EZM; 09-12-2020 at 01:44 PM.