Thread: Browning X Bolt
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:06 PM

Default Mountain Man Sports

Tankman;

Mountain Man Sports in Cranbrook is an authorized Browning dealer and I've purchased a few guns from them. Even with BC PST, it has still been cheaper for me to drive down there, and pick up the gun in Cranbrook, rather than purchase it in Calgary. They've also treated me really well on trades on a couple of guns that I wanted to rid myself of, and were very fair to me on accessories.

Their gunsmith also did a great job in mounting my rings and scope each time.

I suggest that you contact them and see what they can do for you.

As for Bass Pro Shops, I've been in there a half dozen times since it opened, and am a big fan, however, the gun counter in the Calgary location is severely disappointing thus far. Not much in stock, several guys with very little knowledge, and I've been trying to get my hands on a Ruger Mark II in .416 Rigby for my first African safari...I've literally had four different stories...on back order, not getting any Rugers in, Rugers will be coming, we can order it for you...every time the story changes...not like going to a BPS in a U.S. location with very knowledgeable gun guys...oh well...

On the BBS website, you need to go to their Fine Gun Room webpage - try http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...Id=-1&appID=36

Hope that helps...

tyee43