View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 07:07 PM

Take all the "advise" in them videos and forget it. Invest in Marty's video, spend time out there and get it figured.

Here's what I have learned so far...

1 build your own snares, this does a bunch of things, saves money, time, gives you a better product, and more of it

2 bait then set. Drop your road kill off change your gloves, and set a pair of snares on your trail in, let the coyotes tell you where to put the rest.

3 my fence snares are my best producers so far, regardless of what people say, after you catch one in one spot re-set it. Just block it in and you might be surprised. I know I was twice this year.

4 the hight to set up for these big northern yotes is 10 inches not 8 like buddy in the video. What he showed you is how to catch deer.

5 don't set up on deer trails

6. Invest in leg holds. Especially the area your in I'd be hard pressed to find enough bush to run straight snares. Make sure you check them every day, it is law for resident, plus draws less attention to other trappers.

7. Don't be that guy, treat your animals with respect, put your fur up with class, and do your best to represent the people who do this for a living and not a hobby.

8. Learn/adapt/overcome