View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Prefer not to take a shot at all in that situation. Not insecure enough that I have to spray the woods with 'copper' or 'lead' cause I'm 'scared' something is going to get away. Rather go home empty handed.
Who said anything about spraying? The best muley buck I have was running through the timber. He was close and I had enought time to throw the gun up and get on him. I guess if I was insecure he would have died of old age. There is usually not enough time to "spray" anything at a running animal in the timber if you're using a bolt action rifle. I have taken a good deal of running game and won't apologize for it. I am guessing sometime in your life you probably wounded or missed an animal that was standing still, as have I. So what's the excuse there? Everything was perfect but you still missed. Don't worry, I pass up shot's all the time that I don't think I can make. But if the opportunity is there and I think I can make it, I take it. But if you are not up for that, I understand. You do have to be able to think fast.