Thread: Coyote solution
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstone View Post

Covey Ridge - how do you propose to remove all the habituated coyotes from all the cities "before they whelp"? Can't be done.
I never said ALL, but if ALL was doable I would try. I would try to thin out the population by trying to remove (kill) as many as I could well before whelping.
Coyotes are survivors and in no risk of total elimination. If coyotes become aggressive to humans, it is time for them to go. If coyote human encounters can be greatly reduced prior to the whelp, great! That would be my first choice, but if encounters were still common, People come first. Continue the cull into the whelping season and beyond.

In cities, the green areas should be for people and any wildlife that becomes a danger to people should be removed. If people want to see coyotes they should go to a wild area where any self preserving coyote would run at first sight.

Shoot - yes if it can be done in safety. #4 buck or dead coyote loads would be safest, but I would not rule out rifle or bow. Tranquilize - maybe but what then?
Poison - no - but how about looking into feeding stations where bitches could be dosed with an abortive agent. Bait stations should be signed and dogs kept on lease and children supervised.

Last edited by covey ridge; 05-26-2017 at 06:34 PM.