View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
Used to work at a gun store casually. Guy came in looking for a scope for his Lever Action. Brings the rifle in in a case and puts it on the counter, no big deal. We get to talking and he shows me the gun. I open the action to make sure the gun isn't loaded. This is just habit, I have probably done it over a thousand times and have never seen a round come out so I wasn't really paying attention. I clearly remember my jaw dropping when heard that little ting sound of a round being ejected. I may of said few choice words but stopped pretty quick as nothing I could say could make him feel worse than he already did. This fellow was well known, a very respected shooter. He just got complacent.

As for range stories, the only time I have seen anything "unusual" is at those drop in rental places.

You know that reminded me of something else.

I was visiting a buddy at his store and we were behind the counter. An old timer wanted to get rid of some guns. He lays this 12 gauge pump on the counter pointed at my balls. Nothing intentional just happened to be pointed that way. Then the got spun towards the lad to the right of us.

The young lad that worked there noticed the action is closed - which he is trained to look for, so he picks it up and ejects 3 live slug rounds.

The dam safety was off as well.

Good thing the fellow gave up his guns - it was time.

Young lad was real upset because somebody could have easily been killed.