View Single Post
Old 12-22-2023, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Yes , but there would have to be a number of assurances as the place is highly populated from what I understand.
Putting on a draw with random applicants is a recipe for disaster, the Taber deer cull comes to mind.
The solution I have is not what many here would like to see, in fact some would lose their minds over it, but then I have no say in how it goes.
I have bigger issues to worry about besides something that has no direct impact on me or what I can't control.
Cat
It's actually very sparsly populated. 40 some years ago I lived in Sydney which is only a few km boat ride to Sidney island. I knew people who had permission though I never got an invite. The island at that time wasn't overun with them. It was almost like they were managed properly! But as the hippies and environmentalist movement gained influence over the island it became harder and harder to get permission. What few connected hunters who did get to hunt there it wasn't rare for them to get harrassed by a certain informal group of dope growing anti's.

What a waste of good hunting opportunity. It has turned into a gov't slaughter. Wonder what the hippies think of that.