View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshawn View Post
Ronaldo Started very slow. Messi like I said previous is phenomenal and will continue to be for a very long time.

If Messi had to choose between having more goals and winning La Liga or less goals and winning the Champions League what do you think he'd choose?
Ronaldo was nursing and rehabbing an injury and didn't play as much earlier in the season.

It's hard to say between the both of them who's the better player .... purely as a striker, Messi is the man.

Ronaldo is a hybrid player. Really a "forward" in the purest sense.

He might be assigned more less as a Mid on some games, and play higher in others but when he take up more of a outside position and plays more mid he certainly is better on the outside.

Both guys produce.

Both guys have a very strong supporting cast of quality players.

League play, to me, is more important. It obviously punches your ticket into Champions League. Without finishing well in League play - the Champions League is irrelevant from that perspective.

Champions League is a high quality side show and far more entertaining. You get to teams play teams that otherwise wouldn't ever meet. Kind of interesting to me - but really means very little in the grand scheme of football. The away/home format is a good way to mitigate a "bad day on the road".