View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham1 View Post
Hi folks, I am kicking around the idea of buying a used atv for hunting, plowing a little snow and doing a bit of trail riding.
I found an arctic cat 425 that looks pretty good.
My question is, it being called a midsize do you think it would be comfortable for a guy on a long trail ride? I'm about 5-11" and average build.
It seemed fine when I sat on it, but that could be a lot different than a days ride.

As always, I appreciate any advice.

A mid-sized 425 is big enough for what you are looking at doing with it. I’d take a second look at other makes in the same size though. Most all of the Arctic Cats that I’ve been around have had issues, especially when it came to wearing out bushings in the front end. To be fair, they were bigger machines and not the 425.

There is a reason you can get into an Arctic Cat cheaper than any other comparable sized quad. Buying used may not be a bad thing as someone else has taken the hit but when it comes to new whatever you save over a Honda, Yamaha, etc... will be quadrupled in the way of a loss over those same machines when you go to get rid of it.

Just my 2 cents worth...