View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 08:34 AM

Again, this is another thread that really surprises the hell out of me. Mistake or not (I'll keep my opinion on that to myself) the law was broken. There has been a lot of talk on this very forum about how poaching seems to be on the rise and we really hope individuals breaking the laws in place are caught and prosecuted. But how are poachers to be caught if COs cannot make random stops? Is it really an infringement or a bother if your stopped randomly? Perhaps if you have something to hide I can see the issue some would have with that. COs, much like RCMP or any other law enforcement agency have extremely hard jobs. Crime levels everywhere are on the rise so the fact that some are out there randomly stopping and checking vehicles makes me happy. The fact that the original poster was stopped and found in non compliance with the laws in place makes me even happier. To find out that he eventually got off on a technicality makes me sick. It makes me sick because we see this stuff all the time. Our justice system in this country is a joke.

And for all of those who are here praising the original poster for "owning up to" or "admitting to his mistake" ...what a laugh. If he really was doing that he'd have paid his fine and lived with the consequences to his actions.