View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
He got a fine and suspension?
Strange that people claim hill 60 Kid paid a fine, purhaps it might be wise to read the pages for. the Provincial Court records.

Here is a statement from Hill 60 Kid him self regarding the matter that is open public knowledge.

Thanks Greg for believing in me and going the extra step.
I wanted to take this chance to provide Mr. Dunn with my thanks for excepting my case and for the time he took in defence of my two Wildlife Act Offences. As an officer I never imagined being charged with two offences under the Wildlife Act. Clearly there were hidden agendas and I was put on the ropes by another enforcement agency. They were out to make a statement and I was alone and told to seek legal counsel. I researched and talked to family members that have lived in Alberta their whole lives and was told that Dunn & Associates were the best and most experienced in Wildlife Act offences and would fight the hardest for me. On my family's advice I contacted and retained Greg Dunn's services with Dunn & Associates regarding my case.

I was not an easy client and had a TON of questions and concerns to the point of distraction, but Greg stayed focused and kept my emotional state in mind and stayed positive and thankfully was able to sort out only the facts that he could defend in Criminal Court.

After 2 years my case was finally heard in a Criminal Court where, Mr. Dunn and I faced a Provincial Criminal Prosecutor, 5 officers, two of which were supervisors, and three field officers that were all lined up against me. Thinking about it, that was a lot of officers taken out of service and had to travel with costs from all over the Province for an honest mistake! No one else in the court room was on my side as they were the only ones there in the court room which, was a very scary and lonely feeling. Mr. Dunn. was the only one on my side and that proved to be all I needed in the end. I truly thought I was being made an example of for a completely honest mistake, I was extremely scared for my career as you can imagine.

Mr. Dunn was unbelievable, and questioned the officers to the point where the truth finally came out and they finally admitted their mistakes; I was hence acquitted of both charges, unconditionally. I WOULD not want to be on the stand with Mr. Dunn questioning me.

Thanks Greg for believing in me and going the extra step!!!

P.S. You will not hear from me again I can assure you!

B.A.

Purhaps the issue is that "willing to and did pay a fine are not the same."
Both chargers were dropped.

I'm sure that others will post a link to the trial from the CAN LII site regarding the case.