View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:43 AM

I'll throw this out there for my father . . . though it might not be possible to convince him to hunt with anyone anymore We'd rather not see him on the evening news.

So, dear old dad is from Logan Lake, BC, and is a retired career military man. He hunts in the Peace River Block just off the Alaska Highway for deer and moose. He is very particular about what he shoots, and he will typically not shoot the first thing he sees. He's only ever taken one trophy, and he's always good about sharing the kills. I don't know what he drew this year. His big trip is usually the end of September. Has a Ford F350 Supercab, but no quad.

The folks in his town line up to go hunting with him, as they know 9 times out of 10 they'll fill their freezer. After they've hunted with him one year, they poach his spot the following year and go with someone else. He had one guy ditch him a week in, as nothing had been shot yet. He can be a bit gruff at times, and still has a pretty heavy Scottish accent (can be hard to understand at times).

If you're interested, PM me and I'll get you in touch with him (after I chat with him about it).

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.